Thursday, January 28, 2010

Um...huh? What?

It's been my first full week since chemo and I have to say, although I think I handled it well, I'm pretty out of it. I'm VERY thankful that my side effects have been few and far between. Almost no nausea, no throwing up, no sleeping 24/7. But today I'm having my "steroid crash" day and, honestly, I feel like a moron. That presidone worked a number on me! I've been incredibly moody, irritable, and emotional. I've sulked a lot. And today I'm in a complete fog. I went earlier to have my PICC line cleaned, then spent some time with a friend, and the whole day feels like a dream. Like there's a veil over everything. It's so bizarre and I hope it goes away soon because it's kind of freaking me out. I see Dr. H on Tues. for a check up and lab work and we'll see what he has to say. Sarah, my nurse, was happy with how I was when I saw her today. She said my appetite was strong because of the steroids and to not hold back on it. If I'm hungry, eat up!

Ok, keeping this blog short because the tiny person just woke up crying!

Thank you's and lots of love to:
Kay and Jenny for the babysitting
Kay for the lasagna (yum!!)
Danielle for the cards
Aunt Donna and Uncle Steve for the card (T, let them know I cried)
Aunt Edna for the emails
Mom, Dad, Bren, and Alys for the phone calls (even if I'm not up for talking I appreciate the vm's)
Mark and Anya for putting up with my sorry self
All the people who have put me on their prayer lists (there is QUITE a lot of you and it means so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment