Well, I am SO happy to report today that the chemo is WORKING!! I met this morning with Dr. H and his wonderful oncology team for some labs and a 10 day post chemo follow up. The big news of the day is that my tumor, which measured 6.6 cm pre-treatment, is now 3.7 cm!! It visibly looks smaller, but I've also noticed a major difference in the pressure in my neck. I can turn my head easier and it's not sore anymore. Dr. H said it's shrinking internally, as well, and moving away from the muscles there. Awesome!
He was very happy (and surprised!) that I haven't had any nausea. Ironic that I spent my whole first trimester sick, now they give me drugs for it, and I don't need them! He believes I'll go the rest of the treatments without being really sick. BUT, on the flip side, he warned me the exhaustion and fatigue will get worse for me, as will the "hazy" feeling I get. I've had some heartburn that we need to keep an eye on. The biggest concern is my central nervous system. I've occasionally had trouble with feeling in my finger tips. If you've ever burned your finger, there's that strange sensation you get...not quite pins and needles, not quite numbness. That's what I'm starting to feel. Dr. H said we're going to let it go right now, but he wants to know if it gets stronger, if I have trouble sleeping from it, holding things, etc. The other concern today is that my white blood cell count, which is supposed to be low right now, was even lower than he would have liked. I feel pretty good, but I need to be very cautious about sickness. I'm a hand washing freak at this point. If it's too low when I go in for my next treatment, they'll delay my chemo until it's up. So, fingers crossed those cells start regenerating, pronto!
Thank you's and lots of love to:
Shannon for watching Anya today (and Happy 21st!!)
The FRG Executive Board for the card (It made me cry!! I'm going to miss my Sunshine Committee!)
Jenn T. for the chicken enchilada's (I'm opening the present when Mark gets home)
Mark for using the anti bacterial gel stuff all the time without rolling your eyes at me
My mama for booking a flight for treatment #3
Anya for getting on a sleep schedule that rocks! (That thank you is from your Daddy, too)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment