Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Visual aids, anyone?

Ok, FINALLY we have the right computer up and running for some pics. This is is reverse order, but you'll get the idea.


I assume this is self explanatory. This is my hair. I debated putting it up because I fear it may upset my parents, but it's kind of fascinating, in a way. This is just from when I woke up this morning. Remember the "weird" feeling I mentioned in my last blog? Well, it was really intense this morning, right at the back of my scalp, towards the nape of my neck. My hair was all knotted and when I gave a little tug, THIS is what came out. Weird feeling gone! Speaking of my parents, I'd like to thank them for the genetics that gave me SUCH thick hair because if it was thin, it's probably be gone by now. As it is, no one can tell the difference yet (yes, even with loosing amounts like this). Oh, and there's no patchy spots or anything yet, either. Here's to hoping it grows back thick after chemo!


My PICC line. I was careful with how Mark photographed this because the PICC is essentially a tube that sticks right out of your arm. I thought those of you with weaker stomach's may not want to see the actual tube in my arm part. Mark freaked the first time he saw it. Ok, the double tubes: The red is where the chemo gets hooked into and blood gets drawn from. The purple with the TPN tag is what Anya refers to as "Oh, no, yuck! We don't want to use it!" The purple gets "nutrition" in it should I get really sick and have to be hospitalized and can't eat normal food. Obviously, the kid is right. We hope the tagged one never gets used! The white is the sticker/clamp piece that just holds it to my arm. There's a clear bandage over the whole thing so I can watch for infection. The gauze looking part is like a tube and I keep it pulled up over the entire thing so you can't really see it. The actual line is right above the bend in my elbow so what you're looking at is my upper arm in this photo.



My tumor about 2 1/2 weeks post chemo #1 (with the scar from my surgery). It's shadowed a little but if you look close, you can once again see my collarbone underneath.


My tumor a few days post-surgery in Dec. No evidence of a collarbone, it's so swollen in this area. The little bandage stickers are still on it and the purple you can see is just from where he marked the area.

The "swollen lymph nodes" in early Dec. pre-surgery. You can still see my collarbone (photo's fuzzy, but it's there). If your neck looks like this, please see a Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment